Monday, January 5, 2009

Catching up...23 races in 2008!

Okay, it has been quite a while since my last post...months ago! Time to catch up.

Since the last post I ran 3 more races in 2008. (1)Pumpkins in the Park 5K, 2nd in my age group- it was an evening race and it was raining, time was not too bad- 21:48. (2) Parkinsons 5K, was 1st female finisher, time was slow but it was in the sand on Daytona Beach. (3) Stonewood Grill 5K, It was SUPER cold, took forever to warm up, 2nd in age group - 21:41.

Well, I did not quite finish the 24 races I had planned in 2008, ended up one short with a total of 23. Overall I feel really good about the past years races. I wish I could get faster, but who doesn't. It's really hard making myself do speedwork when I have no one else to run with..but on the other hand I LOVE running by myslef- it's the only ME time I get during the day. Being a stay at home mom I always have a 3 1/2 year old shadow! LOL!

I hope you all had a great 2008, and I wish you a wonderful 2009!

HAPPY RUNNING!

No comments: