Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another 5K...


I have been meaning to post about my last race for a little while, just have not gotten around to it until now...


I ran another 5K on Sept. 14th. Boy, do I need to do some speed work! I have been putting in the miles, trying to get ready for a half marathon, and have been neglecting any type of speed work. Let me tell you...speed work is now on my calendar after the time I clocked! I ran a 22:21, I felt fine, I just did not have the turn-over in my legs. I ended up 3rd in my age group. Oh well, maybe this saturday will be better for me, another 5K.


I am getting ready for a half marathon- it's been so long since the last one I ran back in the fall of 1995 when I was a Junior in High School- my body does not recover as quickly at 30 as it did back then! The one I am running is not until January 4th- so I still have plenty of time.


Happy Running!

No comments: