Sunday, October 12, 2008

5K Trail Race- LOVED it!


Yesterday I ran a 5K trail run/race. I have to say I absolutely LOVED it. I wish all the local races were on the trails, instead of the boring pavement! If the high schoolers and college teams can find places to run these races, why can't our race directors! Anyways, I was afraid it might add some time, being that you could only run 2 deep because of the trail being so narrow, and having the chance of being stuck behind someone slower, or maybe even having the roots or trees be an obstacle- but my time was actually quite a bit faster than my last 5K on the roads! I think the faster time came from having to be so alert of the surroundings, and just the refreshing change of running surface! I will definately be doing this race again next year!


I ended up 3rd female finisher overall, with a time of 21:15...much faster than the last one! I just wish I could break under 21:00!


HAPPY RUNNING LADIES!

No comments: